Google tag

Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 19 of 30 days of photographs (Steel) and Friday's Frock


Two pieces of steel, some paint stains and old photo effect from befunky.com.  Please visit the other 30 Days of Photographs III participants, who possess nerves of steel.

Friday's frock - all previous thrift shop finds: Charter Club black cashmere button-up sweater, Alfani knit top and George lined black skirt.  Image is sepia-toned (yet another photo challenge violation) just for Ziva, the hostess with the mostess.


Happy Tami thrift shop finds include:


Mr. VZ has absolutely NO chest hair.  This prop I'm sure will provide hours of mirth and merriment (91 cents, retail $6.99).  Of course, it is Made In England - Oh Behave!



Stemless wine glasses ($2.49, retail $24.99)

Cynthia Steffe skirt ($3.99, I.Magnin retail $230.00).  This darling piece has been in someone's cedar chest for awhile.  It is definitely "vintage" and in perfect condition.  If all else fails and the skirt doesn't fit, I can re-purpose the amazing buttons.  


Seemed appropriate to blog hippity hop with Ladies Holiday

Photobucket

I have also signed up for Faith Hope and Charity Shopping 


Signups close on October 28th - the gist of it is an exchange between bloggers of second-hand items (worldwide, if you so desire).  


  • You will need a regularly updated blog and be willing to post when you receive your items from your swap partner. Sorry to non-bloggers, but the swap is done on trust and some online presence does make things easier. Please don't sign up and then disappear, it makes things very difficult.
  • Bloggers are welcome world-wide as usual. I will try to assign partners within the same country/continent but please let me know if you would be willing to send abroad if necessary.
  • As usual, you should send your swap partner a minimum of three items, a maximum of five. 
  • There is a maximum spend of £12 or the equivalent in your local currency.
  • At least one item - though more if you can - should be second hand, and  sourced from a charity shop, car boot sale, jumble, estate sale, eBay or similar.
  • At least one item should be handmade. If you are not crafty yourself, it's fine to provide a handmade item that someone else has toiled over instead.
  • And this time, one item MUST relate to a Christmas carol or song. How you interpret this is up to you! 
  • One item could fulfil several categories. A home-made white fluffy pom-pom garland made from thrifted wool could count as handmade, second hand and represent 'Let it Snow', for example.
  • Sign up will close on 28th October and I will assign partners on the blog soon afterwards so please keep an eye out.
  • 18 comments:

    1. Looks like parts from a bed frame. Am I right? Do I win anything?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. He shots, he scores! Yes, you win another 12 days participation in the photo challenge ...

        Delete
    2. Love your Steel photograph. There's something very haunting about it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love the surreal quality of your photograph, Tami. The muted colors, too, even if they do earn you a whipping from Ziva. You lucky woman, you. :)

      P.S. -- I think I could use that chest wig. I have a little hair on my chest, but so little that it looks a little lame.

      P.P.S. -- Is that you modeling that lovely outfit?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, that's me. I like to make appearances once in awhile.

        Delete
    4. I love the photo effect. I'll have to check out befunky.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. LOL chest wig! I almost choked on an almond. Too Funny! Thank you for linking up on Photo Friday at Ladies Holiday- hope to see you next week :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ditto one checking out befunky.com. Sounds interesting. Love the photos and that skirt is awesome.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Sepia!! My nemesis! It's a good thing you look so nice, otherwise, I'd be standing here with that crop in hand.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh the photo effect is just perfect.

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love how effects can transform an ordinary piece into something that is eye-catching and quirky.

      ReplyDelete
    10. the photo effect is nice. i used to use befunky.

      ReplyDelete
    11. What a fun blog! Love it! Your photos from this month are great!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Grat job with photos...the skirt is definetly "antique".Hey, when are you visiting me?

      ReplyDelete
    13. I like the photograph. The old photo effect makes it. And you look great!

      ReplyDelete
    14. I think you've been sneaking into my house again to take pictures! Stop that!

      ReplyDelete
    15. Holy cow, what a beautifully done picture!

      ReplyDelete