Google tag

Friday, November 16, 2012

Oh, How I Miss You Blogfest and Friday's Frock

Linking to StrangePegs for the ~




Oh, How I Miss You
November 16, 2012
Hosted by Alex Cavanaugh, Matthew McNish, and Andrew Leon

The bloggers we really miss...
and the ones we would really miss!

Do you have a couple of blogger buddies that aren't posting as often? Those who've pulled back and seem absent from the blogging world? Do you have blogger buddies you're grateful are still around but would miss if they vanished? Now is your chance to show your appreciation and spotlight them!

On November 16, list one to three bloggers you really miss and one to three bloggers you would miss if they stopped blogging, then go leave a comment on those blogs letting them know.

Our blogger friends are special; it's time to let them know!


I know one right off the get-go I would love to see her post again is -

Scarlett Loves Elvis her last post is from May 2012.  Such a cute blog header and background - she has over 300 followers.  Where are you Scarlett?

Rather than list all of my favorites (I have over 100 I subscribe to on Google Reader) I do list my top 10 favorites on my blogadicious blogroll (scrolling down is all that is required).


This is one of my favorites thrift shop find skirts, it is Heart Soul brand, along with a Charter Club teal cashmere sweater and a Dress Barn brown mock turtleneck sleeveless knit top.  


I follow numerous fashion blogs.  Many times the blogger has a great outfit but a HORRIBLE background, like their bathroom or laundry room or front entry.  Puhleeze fashion blogger - if you have gone to the trouble to make yourself look fantastico, choose an interesting background. 

For example, Melanie from Bag and a Beret chooses industrial or graffiti saturated backgrounds.  

    

Another favorite of mine, Helga Von Trollop


Two bloggers that aren't afraid of color and know how to utilize a background ~


Have I said how much I LOVE Thrift Town?  In their behind-the-counter section I spotted this ~ an electric hedge trimmer for $9.99!  Mr. VZ claims I lost his other "tool." 


Even better was the TT spend $15, get $5 off Facebook coupon, so my freebies were the two CDs (Andrea Bocelli - you know I am in love with him) and Highlights from Phantom of the Opera (yeah, I know I've come to the party a little late, but who cares?) and,


A Jones New York paisley print silk skirt - SQUEEE! (as Helga would say).




9 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are inspiring woman due to their age and unique sense of style and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in our blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful skirt!

    I like the way you just directed people to your blogroll. Wish I'd thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Besides Robyn (Life By Chocolate) yours is the very first blog in this linky fest which I've ever seen before! I think you've participated in either Friday Frags or Sunday in My City and I've seen you there.

    My, my, my - - - the outfits you showcase here show such verve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right I've glommed onto both Friday Frags and Sunday in My City - thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for featuring me here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the vibrancy!
    Nice to meet you!
    Looks like fun blogs to visit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Lots of fun planned for December!

      Delete
  7. Helga and Melanie have it going on foreground and background for sure - as do you and congrats on the JNY skirt, yay!

    ReplyDelete