Google tag

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Resurrection Blogfest and Rednesday



Linked up with Minalobo, she posted:

"In this first year of bloggery, before I'd connected with other bloggers and attracted regular readers, I posted stuff which never got the attention I felt it deserved. I was sure I couldn't be the only blogger who felt that way. Only, you might feel kinda lame just trotting out an old post, fearing accusations of laziness (if you're neurotic, or, in fact, lazy). (Like I am.) So I thought I'd just host a blogfest so I could resurrect a piece from my first year of blogging. (Yeah, I know there's Linked Within, but there's no certainty folks'll click on your older stuff to check it out, now is there?)"

My resurrection post is eight months old.  I really didn't start hitting my stride and gaining readers until this past summer when I began blog hopping and participating in blog challenges.

One of my favorite posts from earlier this year is Trios.  There are a series of three images, all "rescued" slides and my favorite is the Clamdiggers from 1953.

_____________________

I've got a couple of images for Sue Loves Cherries





RED Velvet Vogue 1959



RED Christian Louboutins by Eileen Downes, the artist who "paints" with bits of torn paper.  For those of you looking for a unique Christmas gift, Eileen's creations fit the bill!

A dollop of Depp to hold you over until next time!






10 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for a blog. I love thrift storing and finding old treasures. I am putting you on my list of blogs to read. Maybe you'll inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! These images are neat, and I can't wait to see more of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love red velvet picture in particular, especially the way the model is positioned on the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a blog! And nice selections this time. :) Going to pop back to that old post of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love these images! (And red's my face color.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johnny Depp - you made my day! :D :D :D

    Nice pics - I have a Red Rock bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great images.

    The pose in the chair seems so relaxed and natural, don't you think? Just the way to kick back and relax, maybe watch some TV...

    The Red Rock ad is my favorite. Notice how the bottle's tilted at the exact same angle as the woman? And the lighting along her legs in the painting is highlighted right in her, um, lap-area. Great examples of ways to try and draw the male eyes in and to get them to associate the product with a sexy woman. Heck, I want to rush out and buy a case of the stuff.

    Love your resurrection post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great images! I love the Red Velvet Vogue. It looks so effortless, yet I'm sure that pose took more that just gliding into the chair. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these images. Red Rock just goes to show we were sexy back in the day too. Thanks for the comment on my post. I think 50 something's are going to have to find a new path. We still have 50 more years to go right? Hahahahahaheeehee. Love your blog, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so very glad you resurrected this post. wonderful images.

    Aloha,
    'just wanted to thank ya for joining me for An Aloha Affair. We have a beautiful team of bloggers hosting this week and I would so love it if you'd join us, again.
    'hope to see ya soon.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete