Google tag

Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday's Frock and Baby doll mugshots

I linked into Visible Monday this week - my heart is more into Friday's Frock.  Fridays, for me, are for dressing up.  There was a January 3rd WSJ article about dressing up on Friday, a backlash of sorts to casual Friday.

I had one of those mornings I must have changed my entire outfit at least five times.  The frock finally came together with this entirely thrifted ensemble of a Jones New York jacket, Daniel Bishop paisley cashmere sweater, Rafaella cream colored collared short sleeve shirt, and a Perry Ellis dark brown skirt.


I continue to be fascinated by the baby doll inmates that appear on shopgoodwill.com.


This Iowa City vintage comp baby doll is bidding at $5.


Kewpie, in her handmade knitted hat and clothes, hails from Omaha, Nebraska, bidding at $6.


This little gal has led a rough life.  She is actually offered up for bid with another roughed-up dolly, both from Reading, PA, bidding at $8.  


Blog hopping with ladiesholiday

Photo Friday Blog Hop


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us this week! Hope to see you again on Photo Friday!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know goodwill had a website. You learn something new everyday.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful outfit - love the colours and pattern - and great creepy dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the term "Doll Inmates." I scour the thrift stores looking for dolls just like those.

    ReplyDelete