Google tag

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Here we go a'Floraling, ain't no blues got us down


Things are heating up here in Northern California with temperatures climbing into the 90s.  This outfit is oh-so-comfy for this type of weather.  I'm wearing an Alfani light grey top and a recent thrift shop find of a silk floral print Evan Picone skirt ($2).


I kinda went wild with thrift shopping this past weekend.  I don't know how people manage to find stuff for resale.  On average, I visit 5 thrift shops a week.  Most times I find nothing. What I did find was this Italian scarf ($2), Fossil sunglasses ($3 - I'm sporting the frames in the picture above) and a Ballinger-Gold vintage sweater ($7).  The sweater and an exquisite Camelhair Hunter's Glen M. Lady Bruhn blazer (not pictured, $4.50) are both headed to the dry cleaners and then the cedar chest storage for the winter months.  


My newest bare root rose I planted this season, a Purple Tiger Floribunda, in full bloom.


The Mad Tea Party hosted by Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist will take place in a couple of months.  This is one blog hop event that combines my love of gardening, whimsy and fashion (Barbies and Muffy Vanderbears are the stars of that show).  The event is loosely-based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.  

Linking up with Patti for VM #130 at Not dead yet style for
Click Here for Our Weekly Link-Up!
I swear I must have read her mind - it is a blue-based day with her sporting blue velvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment