Google tag

Monday, September 22, 2014

Underrated Treasures Blogfest

Alex J. Cavanaugh is hosting the Underrated Treasures Blogfest.  He posted, "Everyone has a favorite movie or band that no one else has ever heard about.  For whatever reason, they remain undiscovered and underrated.  Now is your chance to tell the world about these obscure treasures."


BAND

My favorite band is CAKE, a Sacramento-based group, website http://cakemusic.com/ described as an alt rock band with influences of country music, Mariachi, Iranian folk music, funk and hip hop. 


Upcoming tour dates:

November 1, 2014
Untapped Festival @ Gilly’s
Dallas, TX
November 2, 2014
Cain’s Ballroom
Tulsa, OK




TV SHOW

A TV show Mr. VZ and I discovered on Netflix, Lilyhammer, is described as a New York mobster goes into hiding in Lillehammer, Norway, after testifying against his former associates.  

We found this show to be humorous, entertaining and refreshing in subject matter.  


BOOK

A Steinbeck, not John but Thomas, his son, wrote a story collection, Down to A Soundless Sea.  Even though it was Thomas' fiction debut, I greatly enjoyed the book, partly because the stories were set along the California coast.  He has two other books in print I have yet to locate and read.  


With the last AtoZ-related blog hop I participated in, my ninja-captain-alexs-top-ten-movie post remained my number one post for 2013.  

Be sure to visit the other participants, there are some great suggestions.  I have new must-see and must-read lists.  



No comments:

Post a Comment