Google tag

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Counting down, being visible and hat attacking

Welcome to the Countdown to Kitschmas, celebrating all things kitschy and Christmasy.  I will feature "What I'm Listening to" Christmas music from rescued thrift shop CDs, Christmas cakes and other ephemera.  An ugly Christmas sweater will make an appearance, along with kitsch discovered on the internets from sites such as shopgoodwill.com and Etsy.  This labor of love gathering images continues all year long.  The hardest to find are the Christmas publications from the 1950s and 1960s.  




Christmas felt Santa is a thrift shop rescue.  He hangs permanently in front of my black curly lamb coat with fur collar labeled "Winter."  

This month can't go by without a fashion linkup!  The amazing Judith at stylecrone is hosting Hat Attack #17.  My commando thrift shopping has paid off with some unique hat finds for linkups into the New Year.  


Dark green wool hat (recent thrift shop find)
Charter Club Christmas sweater (retail)

I am posting a day early to link up with the Special Edition Visible Monday and the ever-wonderful Patti at Notdeadyetstyle.  
Lizport plaid skirt (thrifted)

The Countdown to Kitschmas will also feature images from the 1956 Farm Journal Christmas Idea Book.  
How many remember those white headbands?

What I'm Listening to:


I found these 1960s Christmas stencils tucked away at my mom's house.    

Who could resist Christmas fudge?  This recipe from the 1970 Better Homes & Garden, Holiday Christmas Cookbook.



Topping off this post with a sugar overload of a Wilton Christmas cake.  (I didn't know the Abominable Snowman skied ...)



No comments:

Post a Comment