Google tag

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Saucy Franks and Sewing up a Storm

Preparing us for our sewing tutorial are two youngsters salivating over Saucy Franks an image from the 1963 Better Homes & Garden Junior Cookbook.


Next are sewing instructions from the 1961 BHG Sewing Book. 





A recent thrift shop find were these Felix kitchen scissors ($2.50). All I need to do is apply a touch of metal polish. The scissors are in perfect shape with a skosh of red paint missing, the sawtooth curve on the inside of the handle are used to open lids.



This bit on  http://yoganonymous.com/surviving-whole-foods is right on target. California can sometimes be the Land of the Fruits and Nuts (I'm not talking the edible kind). 

I had a bit of a culture shock when I moved from a sleepy bedroom community to the center of town in Sacramento. I needed to find some unique items that I knew would be at the Sacramento Food Co-Op. It was my experience on those few times that I did venture there that there were a lot of men wearing berets and sporting goatees and doing a lot of frowning. Save the World Stuff is Serious!

Scorpion Orchid


1969 Rit Dye Ad


No comments:

Post a Comment