Google tag

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Four year Fashion Retrospective

Having been inspired by Patti of Notdeadyetstyle posting a retrospective of how she has evolved with fashion, I thought it a perfect time and way to celebrate Year Four of my blog this month and my own fashion evolution from drab to fab.  

YEAR 1

I began my blog thinking I shouldn't show my face but after awhile that seemed kind of silly. 

YEAR 2
Tentative steps toward more color in my wardrobe.

YEAR 3
The Traveling Yellow Skirt hit town and I was no longer afraid to wear color.

YEAR 4
This camera-created image from 2014 is one of my favorites.

Outfit posts and Fun Floral Fridays will resume in a few short weeks.  

Bloggers that have inspired me to break out of my fashion rut are Helgavontrollop


Melanie from Bagandaberet


Dakota at Sweetheart of the Rodeo


I am drawn to the eclectic and unusual, they-broke-the-mold kind of personalities.  

SpyGirl Anne posted this Facebook fashion-design-contest-us-only contest for the Brother Loves Fashion Sweepstakes.  I entered a sketch (which I can't post here - contest rules and such) inspired by my retro Hawaiian shirt quilts with a Carmen Miranda-inspired head piece.  My entry can be seen here http://bit.ly/1gbnpKU

Finally, you know how all the Blog "experts" say you should post daily and often and blah blah blah.  Well, I have pretty much been neglecting my blog and posting comme ci comme ca and continue to gain followers.  Go figure.  Anyhoo, welcome new readers!  Each year I post a Countdown to Kitschmas celebrating things kitschy + Christmas.  My season of sewing will soon end and my pursuit of holiday inspired images will begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment