Google tag

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hilo Hattie and National Sewing Month

Visible-monday-157-welcome-back from summer hiatus.  My offering this month is a concession to casual Friday where I am wearing a Hilo Hattie longboard print lounging with big cat public art in downtown Sacramento.  






September is National Sewing Month.  Here is the 1940s version of upcycling from the 1945 The Complete Book of Sewing.



My log cabin quilt squares are nearly complete (the-trailer-quilt-log-cabin-style).  Thrift shopping on the North Coast resulted in a $1 bag of floral fabric remnants, so my quilt in progress took a turn to more color.  I also like to incorporate applique in my quilts.


Image via 1961 BHG Sewing Book

My fashion analysis class assignment this week is to identify a movie that has had a big impact on the fashion industry.  Two movies that keep coming up are Breakfast at Tiffanys and Flashdance.  One movie I believe has made an impact was Pretty Woman.  Whenever I see a taupe dress with cream colored polka dots, I think of Julia Roberts.  



Pattern of the Day is a 1954 Vogue Vintage throwback.



Now we can all be a Princess!  LA Splash Cosmetics has created a line named after the Disney princesses distractify.com/disney-lipsticks


Just for kicks and giggles, here is a tune for my fellow thrifters.  
(Language warning for sensitive souls)


No comments:

Post a Comment