Google tag

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The games people don't play anymore

Challenge prompt: "There are 28 dominoes in a full set. Do you like to play dominoes or games? What are your favorite games? Tell us about a time you played a game with friends or family."

Board games are a casualty of internet-based technology. Why pull out a board game when you can go online and play any number of games, complete with sound effects?

Thrift shops reflect societal changes. What types of things are coming through or being donated? Board games, CDs, large heavy pieces of wood furniture, to name a few.


One of my favorite games was Trivial Pursuit. I am a font of useless information and was always successful on my Trivial Pursuit team. As a child, we would play Candyland, Operation, Checkers and, as I grew older, Monopoly (the shortened version where you would divvy up the real estate between the players).
I enjoyed playing board games. We would gather with friends or family and call a night of it. I think the reason we stopped doing that is other interests and activities have made a bid for our time and attention.
Do you still play board games?

1 comment:

  1. When my stepdaughter was younger, we played many a boardgame with her during her weekend visits. I still love playing Trivial Pursuit, which we regularly do with friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete