Google tag

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Weight gain is NOT inevitable

A little backstory to bolster my post title claim ... back in the Dark Ages, my personal Dark Ages ranging from 2006 to say around 2014, I gained weight. It was spectacular in the fact that I continued to eat as though I were 21 years old. Never mind the fact that I had entered the wonderful world of menopause, had aged (a bit), plunged down the rabbit hole of depression and figured I had better pack it in as far as seeing my svelte figure ever again.



Even though I try to keep away from posts regarding losing weight, politics and religion, I have made mention of my health and weight.
Butter-and-bacon-gotta-go
Those followers of my blog could even see a transitional weight gain over the years since I have posted pictures of myself over time (though not recently).


I struggled with keeping the weight off, all the while eating pretty much whatever I wanted and added bigger and bigger pieces to my extensive thrifted wardrobe. 


In May of this year I had a Come to Jesus Meeting with my doctor. Quit eating the diet I was eating or have my gall bladder removed. I chose the restricted diet. I am happy to report that I am now close to my original resting weight of around 125. I have gone from a size 14 to a size 8. Since I am one of the smaller sized Smurfs, 5'3" on a good day, this is all a good thing. 


So, to all of those who have packed on a few pounds - weight gain is NOT inevitable. You will just have to resolve to never let those fried, fatty foods get past your lips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment