Google tag

Monday, December 26, 2016

Best of 2016 Linky Party

It has been a successful year for my blog. Around mid-year I opted out of posting my thrifted fashion ensembles with my focus turning to quilting, sewing, refashioning and my audience has grown.  


Image via the 1963 Woman's  Day Book of American Needlework

I found this Best of 2016 Linky Party at meadowmistdesigns.

Blogging is a unique platform and serves many purposes. For some time, I kept thinking I needed to capitalize on the exposure and sell something, anything to add to the Von Zalez retirement fund. I opened an Etsy shop, Mink and Pearls, only to have one item sell. Granted, I was only selling thrifted clothing and that one item for the past two years has been ugly Christmas sweaters.

On to my five most popular posts based on page views.

The-whole-nine-yards-of-fabric originated as a writing challenge prompt but highlighted the finish of my daughter's quilt.

Summer-sensations-blog-hop criteria was a quick and fun summer project and I chose a scrappy dolly quilt.

Spooky-steampunk-lap-quilt I almost bit off more than I could chew preparing this quilt for the hop. The pebbling stitch was the look I wanted but oh so time consuming.

Pink-and-scrappy challenge was to use pink and mint green scraps. I was so pleased with the outcome.

Merrily-we-quilt-along this was a baby quilt that was a surprise when it came together I chose a Hello Kitty fabric backing and it turned out the recipient had decorated the girl's room in that theme.

I am finishing the detail outline quilting on my Falling for Fall quilted wall hanging which I hope to post as completed prior to year's end. 

I've also got a brand new Brother quilting machine I will also feature into the New Year.  It was time for a machine upgrade and time to get serious about this quilting business!

No comments:

Post a Comment