Google tag

Friday, December 30, 2016

Pinking into the New Year

What better way to segue into 2017 with a pink-saturday post featuring a pink and green sewing room? My thrift shop finds for the past week included some fabric and thread, (ok so totally going on fabric hiatus beginning Jan. 1), some cards and a 1968 McCall's Needlework & Crafts (spring/summer ed.) with three images from that magazine.

A pretty pink cover-up and a pink knit number (I am actually more interested in the artwork being shown behind the model).

Here is my sewing room setup. While the thrifted desk is the right height, it is not what you would call sturdy. Can you believe I quilted two queen-sized quilts on that tiny thing? I realized I will need to keep it up and running for the applique stitch.


Thrifting is returning to pre-holiday delightful finds with the last of Christmas filtering through. My $20 bought a bag of cotton batting priced at $8 (yay! just in time for my next quilt project), a lighted church for my next year's holiday town and a Charter Club pink paisley short-sleeved collared button up shirt.


Other finds included a chartreuse fine woven Arie sweater, a Southwest Canyon shirt, a Steampunk publication, a Duffy's Tavern ashtray from Tachikawa Japan and a starfish brooch.
It is still my intent to Steampunk out some dolls like I did with alice-has-gone-steampunk. Once she was all decked out, I didn't want to part with her. The key is finding just the right doll to go with the steampunkage process.

Sally Stand-In is posing with two of my fashion finds.

Pattern of the Day, while not pink, was part of my fun finds - a 1967 Simplicity and a close-up of the starfish pin.
I have been holding my feet to the fire to finish my FMQ project I began in October. I was going to begin work on my son's quilt but my thrifted vintage fabric precuts keep calling to me. Here is a sneek peak at the contestants. The plan is to sew together the blocks just as they are cut and quilt with a light gray thread.

I will reveal the new quilt and the updated sewing room soon.

How will you be pinking into the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment