Google tag

Sunday, April 2, 2017

An "A" letter day for the April Alternative Challenge

My first post in this 4-post April Alternative Challenge is an "A" letter day focusing on aprons and thrifting. Last year, I participated in another April challenge where one of my posts focused on aprons-and-advertising-tins

This year's apron is a black and white one that I purchased thrift in the past couple of months.
Cesar Chavez day off, a state holiday here in California, meant a visit to one of my up country thrift shops known to me to be a great source for fabric remnants. I was not disappointed, in fact it was a fabricpalooza!  Ermahgerd. While I love receiving those mystery fabric collections that I purchase from online auctions, being able to pick and choose the remnants helps flesh out my stash.

Fabric and clothing totaled $30 but a half-off frequent buyer card brought the total to $15.

Sally Stand-In is wearing the Coldwater creek knit top and White Stag maxi skirt (along with my Pebbles & Bam Bam pearls) as part of the lot.

What delights me most when I have a successful day of thrifting is outfits, like the one pictured above, that come together in a magical sort of way.

Detail of the skirt.
I am hard on irons, I drop them or they fall off of the ironing board.  When I saw this retro gem, sturdy cord, wonderful hand grip and low center of gravity, I shelled out a whopping $3 for her.
I have been delighted with this old-fashioned iron. I don't use steam so the intact steam part will remain unused.

A spring-inspired fabric wall hanging/table runner will be featured in an upcoming post.


There is still time to join the aprilalternativechallenge, a blog and Instagram challenge I am hosting in April. Any and all linkups are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment