Google tag

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ode to Thrift Town



Here's the haul!  A 69 cent purple plaid scarf, an National Museum of American Art book ($4.99), bag of hair do-dads ($1.99), Nine West polka-dot skirt ($7.99) and a New York & Company teal blue long-sleeved collared shirt ($5.99), and a $5 off any purchase of $15 or more "Be Our Friend" coupon.  

ODE TO THRIFT TOWN

I see your sign, I can't decide
What will I find today?
A shirt, a sweater, a book, a letter?
My heart skips a beat, a brand-name label?
A toy, a game, a picture, a table?
It is all part of the thrift shop game. 

How could I be so lucky?
With these fortunate finds
Why did the former owner
Discard this gem that is now mine
The coupons off, the sales of the day
Would I have this much fun the retail way?



Had to show off this Fever short-sleeved knit sweater (previous TSF).  It is soft and not bulky with a cute big button detail.  At first I was hesitant to put my picture OUT THERE in the vast internet beyond, but I so enjoyed seeing other bloggers highlight their ensembles or extraordinary finds, so why not?  What I don't get is bloggers who cut off their head in the picture, only showing their torso and legs.  Odd.




1 comment: