Google tag

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

30-day writing challenge ~ Day 26 (An Intervention)

An Intervention.  Day 26 of the WWFC writing challenge.

The only thing that comes to mind with this topic are those interventions undertaken for severe alcoholics or drug abusers.

I do know of one acquaintance who escaped out of her house from an upper story bedroom just to avoid an intervention team.  She eventually went through another intervention and prevailed over the alcoholism.  She died just a few short years after being clean and sober - one of life's cruel jokes.

Seeing as how I lacked inspiration for today's topic and have been pretty much checked out on vacation for the past few days, an intervention is in order for my thrift shop tendencies.  I visited Mendocino Coast's Thrift Shop "For the Animals" and found ~


a metal caseful of 35mm slides for $5 ranging in dates from 1955 to 2009, and a Donny Hathaway Collection CD ($2).  Remember the duet with Roberta Flack, Where is the Love? (one of my fav oldies). 


Image collector that I am, my day was complete.  As with the slides, like thrift shops, you have to sift through the bulk to find the gems.

Link to the other bloggers who can intervene on behalf of today's topic and are participating in the WWFC 30-day writing challenge ~ http://www.weworkforcheese.com

1 comment: