Google tag

Sunday, June 3, 2012

30-day writing challenge ~ Day 3 (They Played My Song)

They Played My Song.

If they've played it, I haven't heard it yet.

They played Donna Summer's song.  She's gone - a wonderful disco diva.  May she rest in peace.


On a different tact - I love to dance, Mr. VZ not so much.  A few years back I did drag him out dancing at a local hotel/bar.  Half the fun in a night out is watching the other couples.  One couple in particular had a unique style which we affectionately termed "the monkey dance."  The woman was half bent over with her derriere facing the man's front.  He had ahold of her like you'd hang on to a bucking bronco.  Limbs a-flyin, hair a-flippin, it was quite a sight.


My trip up country to Interfaith's Great Finds in Sutter Creek, CA, thrift shop finds were the August 22, 1969 edition of Life Magazine, a Basic Editions teal sleeveless collared shirt, and a Benny Goodman CD The King of Swing, all for less than $10.


A future post will feature images from that 1969 time period including scans from this magazine, some rescued slide images and a photograph from Cape Canaveral.

Link to the other bloggers participating in the WWFC 30-day writing challenge ~ http://www.weworkforcheese.com

11 comments:

  1. What you call "the monkey dance" is how the teens dance at their proms. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dance. I don't like dancing. Unless I have a few drinks. And then try and stop me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, the monkey dance. Yeah, it seems like that couple is at every party, everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have stopped dancing now. It's sad, but I always thought older people looked silly dancing. I don't want to look silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to dance! And I loved Donna Summer! I have even danced alone if I couldn't find a partner. I've also done the monkey dance a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a dancer. Two left feet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually met and fell in love with my life because we shared a hatred of dancing, oddly enough, we met at a dance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, that's wife, not life. And there should be a period after dancing.

    Effin' iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are safe here, the grammar (and punctuation) police are off duty today.

      Delete
  9. Too bad you didn't catch the "monkey dance" on video, it sounds like it could have gone viral. ;)

    ReplyDelete