Google tag

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

30-day writing challenge ~ Day 6 (Pressure)

Pressure - today's WWFC 30-day writing challenge topic.

Pressure Cooker - an amazing way to make beef stew.  I just use the package beef stew seasoning mix, brown the meat, glunk in carrots, celery, can of corn, can of diced tomatoes and water.  Wa-la!

Under Pressure - great song by David Bowie.

I work in the legal industry and there are always deadlines.  Litigation deadlines.  Deadlines that produce heartburn because the majority of the attorneys wait until the last minute to complete their court filings.  Legal secretaries in burnout, working through lunches, putting in overtime and typing faster, faster, faster.  Associates putting in the hours, working the trenches.  Then there are clients, who must be kept happy, so they will continue to remain clients.

Pressure?  It is ever present.  The bills, the grind, and when you deign to take a vacation, there is twice the work waiting on your return.

THIS is where I really want to be.  Out of the pressure cooker and dancing in the tropics ~


And you?  Where would you like to be?

Link to the other bloggers participating in the WWFC 30-day writing challenge ~ http://www.weworkforcheese.com

7 comments:

  1. "dancing in the tropics" Oh yeah! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anywhere with a bit of sunshine. We have rain, wind and clouds in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dancing in the tropics certainly works for me. Will there be alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tropics are a bit hot and humid for me. I live in hot and humid. Think I will take my fantasy vacation to Italy. Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll give you a million points if you send me to the tropics. Two million, even. Seriously. I'll expect the e-ticket within the hour, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent expression of pressure. I could feel the piece building throughout that description of the legal office. I wish you a trip to the Tropics very, very soon. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm exactly where I want to be -- on the farm and loving every minute!

    ReplyDelete