Google tag

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Visiting the mamacita


For the past few days, I've been hanging in Washington state with my 84-year old mom.  I am so blessed to have her in my life. 


Here is a little gizmo she had hanging from her lamp which reads "When I have a little money I buy books, if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."  It is important to keep one's priorities in line.  


My blog wouldn't be my blog without my commando (thrift shopping) tendencies.  Mom endures my junk shopping passions with foot-dragging resignation.  My ongoing love affair with the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli continues - his greatest hits CD and a poetry book purchased for a few dollars at St. Vincent's Thrift Shop in Auburn, Washington. 


One reason I disdain antique shops is the example above - a metal Tonka trunk priced at $49.  Reeeealllly?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I will defend the $49 trunk- supply and demand- if they can get a high price they should! I like you love to thrift, and I've been selling a bit on eBay, etc, and why not mark up and make a little dough? You might want to- and feed your commando habit.

    PS Thanks for your blog comment- I've now aded you to the blog roll. If you'd add the blogroll widget to your sidebar, I'd be most appreciative! -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. moms are the best i feel very lucky mine is just 2 towns away but she would never go thrifting with me she calls it my bad habit lol

    ReplyDelete