Google tag

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21 of 30 days of photographs (Broken)


No one got their wish from this wishbone - both sides snapped simultaneously.  


Posting this image of vintage Mannequin doll marked Latecture/ NYC, I believe she was used to help children learn to sew and dates to the 40's. No stand and no arms, see pictures. She measures 19" and has: a chip on her side, several surface cracks, overall wear from age. Beautiful face!

She is apparently broken, currently bidding on shopgoodwill.com for $5.00.

To see more broken and busted images zivainferno.



Skipping along to other things ~ I blew the budget at Interfaith's Great Finds in Sutter Creek, California.


Muffy Vanderbear "Down on the Farm" was $5 and the Maxwell House Coffee tin was $15.

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea for today's theme! Too bad no one got their wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You en to all that work and no one got their wish? Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just hate when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If both sides snap simultaneously I think everyone should get their wish. But, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never in a million years would I have thought of a wishbone. You are a clever lass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Boom Boom that both folks get their wishes. Love your thrifty finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you believe me if I said I've never wished on a wishbone? Maybe one day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had friend that I thrift shop/antique store shop with many years ago. I remember her turning away from some items..."You don't want that Barbara," she would say, "It is not broken!" I was always attracted to those things that we ready for the rubbish!

    Be well. Love the blog.

    b

    http://www.retireinstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet, great image for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever idea. And you just reminded me that I have two unbroken wishbones sitting in my kitchen garden window. Maybe I should send them to Ziva so she can make a wish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kids always loved breaking the wishbone- this brought back some lovely memories! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always look forward to Thanksgiving for the grand wishbone breaking ceremony....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice take. Breaking the wishbone was a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these! So with wishbones.. BOTH people don't get their wish? I don't remember from my childhood... ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishbone!!! Last year we forgot to break ours and left it sitting there so long it turned into dust. Pretty gross.

    ReplyDelete