Google tag

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hold On - Day 2 topic of the 30M2D Writing Challenge and shoes ...

Hold on! That is the topic ... link to those other participants barely holding on.

Just one New York minute - do you mean to tell me there is no "stilettos" topic for this challenge (other than, "The Other Shoe" but that is a whole nuther story).  So, hold the phone, hold your horses, hold on for the wild shoe fanatic ride.

These sweeties are one of my few retail indulgences (and a thinly veiled excuse to show off my gams) - Joan & David calla lilly shoes.  Ok, so my shoes are not stiletto, maybe wanna-be stiletto?  Let's settle on the Corgi of stilettos.


Manolo Blahnik Something Blue Satin Pump $965.00 Bergdorf Goodman
Pinned Image
Ruthie Davis Bond pumps (that also double as a crime deterrent) a mere $1,598.


For that final POP of color - Charlotte Olympia feather pumps ($1,396).

Aw heck, I couldn't wear any of those shoes if my life depended on it.  They are works of art, they are poetry in motion (for those who can navigate in them or can hold on to the nearest object as they tumble back to earth).  




17 comments:

  1. Hold on, those look like Lady GaGa shoes. Ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling dizzy just looking at those shoes. My fear of heights is kicking in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tami! I love a tall pair of shoes, but honestly I'm admiring the simple elegance of the first photo. Nicely done, ma'am. Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... the Corgi of stilettos." That's hysterical. I too, admire these beauties and the ladies who are able to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh my, I want the last ones, the black ones with the snake wrapped around the heel! Those were clearly meant to be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I notice there's a railing on the wall in that first picture... must be for holding on so you don't take a header wearing those suicide heels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH the last two... HOLY COW!!!! I would shoot my eye out in those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a whole bunch of Joan and David shoes...so we are already relating...but I cannot, cannot, cannot stand the ugly-ass shoes that have the platforms. They were ugly in the 1970s when they tried it - they are still ugly now. Please, let's just keep the classic stilettos...classic.

    I, too, like the snake one. :) But the ones you're wearing and the Manolos...definitely keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely don't have any stilettos. If I did, I'd be holding on. Gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally feel this blogging challenge is going somewhere I want to be. God bless you, Tami. You, your shoes, and those calves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, Lady, you have some nice gams! I used to wear stilettos and even Latin-danced in them. I can no longer, though, because it hurts my knees too much. I like the "Corgi heels" myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are indeed more works of art than shoes for walking - at least for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some amazing stilettos. I'm generally mystified by women's obsession with cute shoes, but I think I see where you're coming from here.

    ReplyDelete