Google tag

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for Ode to Thrift Town - A to Z Writing Challenge topic


"O" - I drew a blank on this one this go round.  I am going to use my one free pass (per D.L. Hammons j-is-for-jack) and repost my Ode to Thrift Town.

ODE TO THRIFT TOWN

I see your sign, I can't decide
What will I find today?
A shirt, a sweater, a book, a letter?
My heart skips a beat, a brand-name label?
A toy, a game, a picture, a table?
It is all part of the thrift shop game.

How could I be so lucky?
With these fortunate finds
Why did the former owner
Discard this gem that is now mine
The coupons off, the sales of the day
Would I have this much fun the retail way?
 
A to Z Challenge [2013]

10 comments:

  1. Love. It. And you said you didn't have an O idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to be on the up and up - since it is a repost (a cutie one at that).

      Delete
  2. I love Thrift Town! I miss shopping there. Worthy of some poesy!

    PS: you may want to adjust blog widths on your blogger temmplate. Your blog's images look out of wag, and I think you might want to clean it up a bit. Worth a few votes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I let the banner extend beyond the margins and then left it that way. It looks ok on full screen tho.

      Delete
  3. I love the change of pace. This is a very cute poem. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The A to Z is challenging--so getting a free pass to re-post something seems fair. Wish someone had told me. I enjoy thrift shop finds--I'll come back and check out more of your regular blog.
    Jagoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the free pass is sort of an unwritten thing ...

      Poor things, I have two pet posts coming up (my auto defaults when all else fails).

      Delete
  5. i could only think of owl for O, used up all my creativity...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does kinda get to be a grind near the end of the challenge.

      Delete