Google tag

Monday, January 27, 2014

Preparing posts and thrift shop finds

I have been composing my posts in anticipation for the upcoming 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing challenge on February 1st.  Prompts such as "liar" and "social media" have me stumped - I'm trying to be creative.  The challenge came at a perfect time.  When I have down time at work, I draft my posts the low tech way, handwriting them.

In the meantime, the commando thrift shopping continues!  I spent less than $10 at the hospice thrift shop for the paisley scarf ($1.50), the High Sierra black pants ($2.50), the Just Cashmere *sings the word* by Forte brown v-neck pullover ($2.50), the Collecting Art on a Shoestring ($1.50) (pub. 1969) and a 5x7 frame (not pictured, 50 cents).  I lurv it when the pricers tag a cashmere sweater (no holes, no pilling) at $2.50!



I began preparing for the A to Z Blogging Challenge in November by scanning images related to the alpha letters.  In the 2013 challenge, I had the majority of my posts written about a month before but for the 5-7 of those I didn't have fleshed out, I really struggled.

I'm number 75 on the signup list found here a-to-zchallenge.com/2014/01/the-2014-to-z-challenge-list-is-open.  Signups are open now!


Part of the challenge fun is discovering blogs in totally new categories.  Don't be timid and shy, give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment