Google tag

Friday, February 7, 2014

Hint, hint and where's the lobster thermidor?

"Hint, hint," the Day 7 topic of 30 Minus 2 Days of Writing challenge over at weworkforcheese.  I'm on a recipe roll here - I am infatuated with these graphics and recipes from 1950 Lincoln Mercury edition of Famous Eating Places.


Hint hint.
  
I could be the kind of lady that eats lobster thermidor.  

I could wear a fur and an inappropriately large hat that I could peek out from underneath.  

I would be laden with jewels with a ring on every finger.  

I could wear a lipstick two shades too bright.  

I could whisper stories about the other patrons to my lunch companions.

I could talk about my latest art purchase. 

I could wipe the bits of cream sauce from the sides of my mouth, grinning all the while.

I could be the kind of lady that eats lobster thermidor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment