Google tag

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Dishing the Dirt with Lurleen

The Writing Challenge prompt is "Dishing the Dirt," wouldn't you know it, Lurleen showed up for this one.


Got anything you want snipped?

(Sung to the tune Jolene)

Lurleen, Lurleen, Lurleen, Lurleen,

I'm begging of you please don't dish the dirt

Lurleen, Lurleen, Lurleen, Lurleen

Please don't say you did my hair

Your beauty is beyond compare

With flaming locks of pink and black hair

With ivory skin and bloodshot eyes

Your smile is like a crooked path

Your voice grates from your beloved Marlboros

And I cannot compete with you, Lurleen

You dishing the dirt like that

There's nothing I can do to keep


From crying when the gossip gets back to me, Lurleen

And I can easily understand

How you could easily talk the trash

But you don't know what it means to me, Lurleen.


.  

No comments:

Post a Comment