Google tag

Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Ides of March

We are experiencing some wonderful March weather in Northern California.  Just for kicks and giggles, I am linking up with Judith at The Style Crone for Hat-Attack-20.  Beyond the crook of my arm is my flower garden I have been preparing and you get a glimpse of Zipper, my dog.





Linking with Patti at Notdeadyetstyle for Visible Monday.



It must be the height of thrift shop season because I have found some OMG items that are keepers.  This boho chic look is topped off with a San Diego Hat Co. wide-brimmed hat (retail), a Nancy K New York flare sleeve shirt and a blue velveteen Impressions maxi skirt.



I splurged on these retail discounted L'Artiste slip-on sandals.


The balance of my thrift shop finds were the lavendar NWT top, a Diane Von Furstenberg Silk Assets coat length jacket, a Hilo Hattie dress and a Coldwater Creek long sleeved shirt.  After I have the coat dry cleaned, it will be featured with another thrift shop find of a Jones New York skirt.  They are two pieces that you think wouldn't go together, but they do. 


If you haven't seen the Huffington Post article 6 reasons why gray hair is white hot, now is the time for a visit. My readers know I have touted my love of platinum hair more than once, both Ode to Platinum Hair and Back-to-black-and-platinum-hair.

My newest craphty project is to gather embellishments on fabric, such as this one.  I cut out these beaded flowers from a poorly constructed shirt and could make two pieces into an applique.




Ah, let's end it with a Pattern of the Day, she is flaring out in a 1977 Simplicity 7975. 


No comments:

Post a Comment