Google tag

Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Father's Day Trailer Quilt

The top of the trailer quilt project is now done.  I call it the trailer quilt because it will be going into the trailer that is used mainly for hunting/fishing expeditions.

My first attempt at adding borders to the squares resulted in a typical rookie mistake of the squares not lining up at the end.  



I am not going do much quilting on or around the squares on this project, just affix a fleece material as the backing and a dark blue binding.  I did purchase the template to do borders, bringing my investment to this hobby to about $200.


I will never again back a quilt with fleece.  It was difficult to work with, puckered up and skewed the quilt top.  

Links the beginning of my quilt project series:
Upcycling-and-hawaiian-shirt-hoarder
The-first-of-hawaiian-shirt-quilt-series


Some manly man Patterns of the Day, both undated definitely retro.








HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!Wolf Pass Colorado, 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment