Google tag

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Trees of the Alternative Kind

I was going through my saved posts and found this post from July of The Gold Country Girls string-art-christmas-tree.



These trees are from the 1984 Decorating Craft Ideas for Christmas.
Nut

Fruit

Apple

Cheese and Cherry Tomato

The next image is from the 1970 Pillsbury's Entertainment Idea Handbook.

Trees from the 1965 Farm Journal Christmas Idea Book




 Abstract brooch tree and the jewelry tree both offered through shopgoodwill.com.


An appropriate finale to this tree post, is a link to another post about the shaming of Reese's chocolate trees and Reeses-response.


One of the items I search for in my thrift shop wanderings are copper molds. I had not found one in years until the other day. A lobster for $1.50 stamped "solid copper."  Score!




Fabric material for quilts, a bagful for $3. It is enough to make a small lap quilt or twin quilt top. Buying thrifted materials and thread is how I keep quilting affordable. 


What I'm listening to ~



No comments:

Post a Comment