Google tag

Monday, January 18, 2016

Zoiks it is back to college

Spring college classes are in full swing now. I am taking online Introduction to Computer Information Science this semester. 

Thrifting continues to supplement my T-shirt stash. I had culled through ones I had grown tired of or were too big. For less than $8, I picked up this lot at hospice, couple of yards of maroon Christmas themed fabric, red Dr. Peeper glasses, gray pair of lounge pants and a Blair red and white polyester shirt.

I couldn't leave behind the Scooby Doo tie.  This types of items usually don't catch my eye but these three might have resell possibility.


My second attempt at free motion quilting went a little better after I purchased these gripper gloves in the garden center at a discount retailer. I also buy replacement rotary cutter blades at a discounter rather than a fabric/craft specialty store, you can save a ton on a necessary quilting item. 



Found a desk for the Mr. at half off day for MLK at the thrift shop. It is in great condition, tongue in groove drawers, original hardware, all wood five drawer desk for $100. I adore buying furniture, so many pieces and so little room. 

I have been intrigued by art quilts. The latest addition to my hardcover book collection bound in pure white coffee table edition of a Barnes & Noble 2001 edition Quilts by Marie Salazar. 

Pattern of the Day is 50-year old survivor, 1966 Simplicity 6549.


I will be participating in 
Over at eseckman.blogspot.com, posting a two-part story titled "Where in the World is Cupid?"

No comments:

Post a Comment