Google tag

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Persistence Pays Off

When I began as a State worker over two years ago, I believed it would be easy to promote what with all of my experience and background. I applied to take a certain exam with a certain department and was rejected.

I was devastated. One of the major routes I was interested in was closed off to me. I watched as others promoted into the very position I had hoped to attain.

Part of the process of promoting in the public sector is getting on the list. If you are not on the list, you cannot apply for the job.
Last year, I promoted to another position with another agency with disastrous results. It really wasn't the job that I wanted but felt I had no other options. I did learn one thing about myself, that I did not want to work in administration, that the legal field was my first love. I needed to accept my leopard spots and stick with what I knew - law.
Now, I have made it on the eligibility list I have wanted all along. The next part is landing that job!


No comments:

Post a Comment