Google tag

Sunday, June 12, 2016

12 fashion items I am grateful for

Joining the crowd at visible-monday with this thrifted orange knit studio one dress. I should get bonus points because orange is NOT a slimming color.

And at Macy's saw this Ralph Lauren display.


Who wore it best -  Macy's Model or Thrifter Tami?

June challenge prompt: "Tell about a dozen things you are grateful to have in your life. It could be people, things, memories, etc."

I am listing my 12 fashion items I am grateful for (excuse the poor English ending in a preposition like that)
1. The bra a/k/a over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder. This underwear apparel should be wore by some who don't and should be fitted on those who don't have a clue.
2. The slip. Yes, they still make them and they do exist. A slip can smooth out the hip and leg lines and ensure a sheer skirt/dress doesn't show the whole world what the good lord gave you. 
3. Thigh highs. Nylons with a thigh-gripping band. I am one of those that cannot go without wearing nylons with shoes, can't stand the sensation of my feet sticking to my shoes. You won't see bare legs on me for work attire, ain't gonna happen.
4. Hair dye. I applaud those who can go ala natural with their hair color, esp. when it has turned the most lovely shade of white. I am not one of those people. I sported gray naturale and was asked if I was my son's grandmother.
5. Granny panties. They cover what needs to be covered and are cotton. Nuff said. I've never been thongalicious.
6. Maxi skirts. Long and luscious, can wear one all year around. Just don't opt for the solid color ones or you will look like someone's granny (see hair color item #4).
7. Short skirts. Legs are the last to go so bring on the skirts finger-tip length and above.
8. Long jackets. Paired with short skirts = one hot mama.
9. High heels. There is some type of malfunction that happens with women around their mid-40s, they can't walk in high heels (me, speaking from personal experience). We love them. We want to wear them. They (the high heels) don't love us anymore. We (I) engage in high heel lust. And taking photos in them. And then putting them back in the closet.
10. Mascara. Love mascara, love the way it looks. Mascara hates me. It flakes, it burns, it itches. Apply [insert name brand here] mascara and it will be off my lashes within 2 hours or less.
11. Costume jewelry. If you are not accessorizing, you should. There is so much fun stuff in the thrift shops and online. A couple of pieces add interest, you don't have load up on it and look like the clown that just came to town.
12. Hats. You either are or aren't a hat person. Luckily, I land in the first category. From short-brimmed caps to wide-brimmed floppy hats, I wear them all.
What are your 12 must-have fashion items?

No comments:

Post a Comment