Google tag

Friday, June 16, 2017

Quilts in Abstract

After entering the 2017 Pantone Quilt Challenge, I realized my error in going traditional when nearly all others went modern. Since I have a background in painting, abstracts in particular, it should not be that difficult to translate to the quilt medium. (Do I hear peals of laughter from those of the more experienced among you?) Perhaps quilting abstraction is something that can't be self taught? I will be ready for next year's event and the 2018 color of the year.

I've read that modern quilting is ALL quilting done in present day. I tend to think of modern as breaking out of the traditional block mold.

My newest quilt love is a scrap vortex low volume quilt at wombatquilts.com. This type of quilt would be a quick and easy summer project to complete.

This was the quilt I had in mind that morphed into the shabby chic wedding quilt. Now all of my low volume fabrics are gone - time to replenish the stash!

Visiting the momster in the Pacific Northwest where I left yards and yards of lavender print fabric from detailed on this post i-have-sabled. There will be a pink/lavender candy sweet project in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment