Google tag

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Dress collage pattern

My newest OMG I want to make this piece of fabric artistry is the Dress Collage Pattern by Laura Heine featured at myquiltingloft.com.

Found her during the monthly FabHopShop. Fabric and a skirt and fashion all in one. My life is complete. I adore that newsprint background but I might opt to do the fabric skirt pieces rounded rather than square.

Speaking of patterns, Maddie over at badassquilterssociety.com had a recent post about content theft, quilting patterns in particular. I guess some groups take a pattern, strip off the creator's signature and then circulate. Boy, that's a tough one, I know I can draw pretty much whatever I see so I never buy patterns. I've only done one paper pieced quilt, the pattern was free and I ended up winging it anyway. Freezer paper+Tami=frustration.

I cracked the Top 15 of local Sacramento bloggers at http://sacramento.cityvoter.com/best/local-blogger/local-flavor/sacramento hoping to make the Top 10 next year.

When I am not thrifting for myself, I am thrifting for others. Salvation Army saves the day with the best pricing and sales, Levis button fly jeans and Faded Glory shorts both for my son - $4 total. I find that Salvation Army and the hospice based thrift shops have the best pricing.


My Brother sewing machine is back in its rightful place. Maybe this time I will read the manual before actually using the machine. I will be concentrating on finishing up a few quilts I started this year and last.

Do you enjoy working with quilt patterns?

No comments:

Post a Comment