Monday, October 2, 2017

So Good to be a Senior

I know that post title is not going to get a lot of hits but it is my lead-in to 1/2 off for seniors $15 haul. Look away if you are fabric phobic!

Inside of the Wounded Warrior Quilt project was the front and back of a completed quilt. It is beautifully done. Since my Mr. is one of those wounded warriors, I will finish this one up for a place of honor in our living room. Thank you Mystery Quilter! I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have stumbled onto this find. 


In addition to that amazing quilt, there were calico precuts all color coordinated in their container. More than enough to make a patchwork quilt top. Really beautiful material. I am positive from the same quilter. All the work is precise cut.

Because of these beauties, I am going to cull my stash and donate the not-so-pretties.

I have submitted my initial images for the Art with Fabric blog hop and the project is nearly done! It was a study in freeform piecing and organic quilting. 

Let's end with a Pattern of the Day, a 1967 McCall's.

Post update, I have bumped a Christmas lap quilt to quilt the WWQ shown above. The Mr. has indicated that he wants uber loft on the batting (and I just scored a bag of the same thrifting) and very little quilting. More along the lines of this quilt shown here

Linking up with Kelly at myquiltinfatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment