Google tag

Monday, December 4, 2017

Yule Struttin in the Ugly Christmas Sweater

As promised, this year's appearance of my Ugly Christmas Sweater. I pick up one or two each year with this year's crop being from the Mom closet, the estate cleansing that happened this summer.

This is a rare personal virtual appearance for me. Taking outfit posts or attempting photo shoots with a self timer camera, can be disconcerting at times. 

I didn't have to worry about what shoes I was wearing because I sank into the mud! In the image above, I was falling and laughing about it. 

Linking up with one of my favorite bloggers Patti at notdeadyetstyle for Visible Monday. 


I had the good fortune of being the recipient of a seamstress' destash. My co-worker gave me a bag full of current patterns, with a couple of them being retro; how-to pamphlets from the mid-1960s; Decorative Techniques, a 1975 publication, party dress books and some fabric remnants. Yahoo!
I will be starting the new year with my first purchase of coordinated retail fabric from the Riley Blake line, Curiosities by Amanda Herring. I do know it will be a king-sized bed quilt but I am not sure how I want to piece the fabric yet. 

This is one of two purchases I make for myself at Christmas, one is jewelry and the other fabric.

Do you have something you buy for yourself each year?

What I'm listening to:

No comments:

Post a Comment