Google tag

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Fabric pieces and free books

I made the rounds of my usual thrift shops and spent about $5 on fabric remnants. 
Some actual yardage
Quilter's cut pieces for patchwork
This is how the fabric pieces were packaged, so it is always
a surprise when I get them home.
The small ziploc in the front contains some lovely yellow pieces I am going to incorporate into my YELLOW block for March for the #2018MonthlyColorChallenge.

To add to my thrifting happiness, these three books were freebies. I am a cartoonist so I will read How to be a Successful Cartoonist. The craft book images will be shared on my Countdown to Christmas - these are the types of retro books I look for those posts. The Splenda cookbook will be a great reference. I already cook with that product because the Mr. struggles with diabetes.

Posting a Pattern of the Day from 1974, the same publication year as the Holiday Decorations book.


Finally, here is a link to a site with Vintage sewing patterns.
vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/

Working away on a red/cream sampler for an upcoming Quilt Qwazy Queens blog hop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment