Google tag

Monday, April 16, 2018

Not gonna happen to me


You have heard the phrase "an accident waiting to happen," happened this week. 

I commute 3 hours a day (1-1/2 hours each way) to Sacramento. I try to keep to the 2 Second Rule - leave 2 seconds between you and the car in front of you when traveling faster speeds. 

AWH (accident waiting to happen) decided I wasn't going fast enough down the highway doing 70 mph, so he passed me.  He then kept to his 0 Second Rule and tailgated each car in front of him. 

Then, it happened. Following too close, he rear-ended the car in front of him. I see this so often, I think to myself AWH. 

I admit I was an awful driver in my younger years. Beyond awful. But now, there is nothing or no one that is so important that I have to rush to get there. 

Allow for more time. Be a courteous driver. Don't be an Accident Waiting to Happen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment